HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Recovering the Headboard in Our Guest Bedroom


As soon as we ordered this bed I knew that I would be recovering the headboard. When it arrived I quickly just threw some white fabric over it and figured I would properly recover it in the coming days. Well, that was almost a year and a half ago - haha! I finally got around to recovering it a couple of weeks ago. Because it is ridiculously easy to change the fabric out on this headboard I went a little more daring and did a dalmatian print knowing that if I get sick of it I can always switch it out for something more neutral.

This is what it looked like to start with:

The backside of it has little screws that you just undo and the fabric covered insert just pops out.

And then I just used my staple gun and covered the front with the new fabric.

Then I just screwed it back in and here you go!








We also moved the rug back up here seeing how we don't need it in our family room anymore. And we are midway through making over our den so decided to try the trunk up here which I ended up really liking. We also moved the sofa up here to the wall opposite the bed. I'll have photos of that side of the room to share hopefully later tomorrow evening.

Source Info:

Trim Color - Simply White by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Door Color - Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Bed - Overstock 

Black and White Dalmation Fabric - Premier Prints - TogoBlack and White Striped Throw - IKEA
Coverlet - Have had for a long time not sure where it was originally purchased
Bed Skirt and Shams - Country Curtains
Nightstands - Pier 1 about 8 years ago, they still carry them but they are considerably more expensive than back when I purchased ours

Basket under nightstand - WayfairLamps - Home Goods
Roman Shades - Lowe's (they've since been discontinued)
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Duvet Cover - Target about 7 years ago
Rug - HomeGoods
Black and White Square Pillows - Target
Black Velvet Pillows - HomeGoods
Trunk at end of bed - an antique shop about 10-11 years ago

Picture above bed - from a little shop in SC about 8 years ago
Tray and flowers on bed - HomeGoods
Desk - IKEA
Chair - Joss and Main


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!





11 comments:

  1. It looks super cute! What a fun idea for a print. Thanks for the awesome source list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that the fabric is easily changeable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely guest room! Love that dotted fabric on the headboard!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love a black and white bedroom. In fact our Master is black and white. But there is something about those burlap lamp shades that truly sets this room off. Just lovely Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I have bed envy! I love your bed and you just made me love it more by adding that black and white polka dot fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this room! The dalmatian print & that rug set each other off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled across your blog from a pin and I'm so happy I did! Love this! I'm going to be here for a while stalking all your past posts like a crazy person mmkay? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...